Thursday 1 November 2012

My Favourite Things Quilt

My Some Kind of Wonderful Stitch-a-Long journey is over....
My Favourite Things Quilt is complete....
The quilting was done by Belinda Betts from 
Eucalypt Ridge Quilting
 and as usual Belinda has done a fantastic job.....
I did my usual run around the clothes line 
today to get some pictures for this post....
It was quite breezy and took me a few goes....
Quilting really is good exercise...Ha ha!
I just can't show you enough pictures of this quilt....
It really is lovely and was great fun to make....
Here is a close up of some of the quilting....
Just perfect for this quilt....
This shot of the back shows up some of the detail.....
All flowers and vines.....
And last job was to sew on a label....
I used one from Anni Down's Favourite Things range...
So as usual I am excited about a lovely finish
 but also a little sad that it is all over....
A big thanks to Chooky for all her whip cracking
 and many hours that she spends behind the scenes
 encouraging us to get a move on....
I thought I might have had to crack the whip on her but
 she has come through with a gorgeous finish as well....
Congratulations to all the ladies that have finished on time
 and to all the others, keep stitching girls
 because you will be so pleased with your finished quilts....
I do so hope that we may be able to start another Stitch-a-Long...
Please Chooky!!!!!!

Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate

14 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations Kate. It's gorgeous......and the quilting complements it perfectly. X

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Your quilt is so pretty!! Beautiful quilting!!

Simone Harding said...

Kate your quilt is just devine. If you need a home for it I am offering. Can't wait to see what Anni Downes pattern you make next year.

Bloom said...

Kate, this is so lovely! You should be very proud of yourself :) Beautifully stitched. So what's next?! Ros x

Anonymous said...

well done Kate,it looks fantastic.xx

rosane.mortensen said...

Congratulations Kate..it's really a wonderful job you did. Love it love it. :)

Chookyblue...... said...

congrats Kate........you know I love it......thanks heaps for being part of the SAL.......

De said...

Its gorgeous!

Christine M said...

Your quilt looks fantastic Kate.

Anthea said...

Congratulations Kate it is just gorgeous! I love all the pics, and yes the quilting is just right for your SKOW. It is a work of love & skill & dedication to create such a beautiful quilt, so happy for you...

FloS said...

A very lovely quilt ! I love the quilting !!
I hope there will be a next SAL too !!
Florence

Deb R said...

Belindas quilting really compliments your beautiful quilt Kate. Im joining the next SAL lol

Jeneta said...

This is simply stunning. I was wondering where you get your Anni Down quilt labels from? I have tried online but can't seem to find a place to buy them.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Gorgeous Kate...well done...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...