Sunday 7 September 2014

To Hand or Machine Quilt My Garden? That is the question!

Good Morning and Happy Fathers day to all the
 wonderful Dad's out there....
 I hope you all have a wonderful family day.....
I would like to be out in my very own garden today but
 there is a chill in that breeze out that I am not too keen on so
 I thought I would have a play with my Lynette Anderson
 wall hanging "My Garden" This sure has been a long winded
 work in progress, my first ever self taught needle turn project....
I am about to use iron on wadding for the first time so
wish me luck that it all goes smoothly....
I then need to decide if I am going to hand
 or machine quilt this little lovely.....
I so love the  colours and the cute little
 blocks that make up this quilt.....
I am looking forward to the end when I can finally stitch on the little
 hand painted buttons that will make this little quilt complete....
Wish my mojo would get out of bed so we can get stuck into it!
 
Until next time, Happy Stitching
 
Kate

14 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

well as I can't hand quilt it would have to be machine for me........but something I would attempt myself.......

Susan said...

Kate (is that the quiet Kate???) - I think it looks lovely and beautifully done - you will work it out I'm sure.

Karen said...

The quilt will be adorable with the buttons sewn on. Some people sew them on before quilting but it doesn't make much sense to do that.

Anthea said...

it looks just beautiful Kate... so much beautiful stitching... what ever you choose to do about the quilting, it will turn out well...

jfoster8 said...

Really lovely...hand quilt.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous Kate, love the colours. I actually have that kit some where?? You have just inspired me to find it! Which ever way you decide to quilt will be perfect!

Susan said...

It's gorgeous Kate, and sewing inside is an excellent way to spend your Sunday. I think your quilt really lends itself to some perle big stitch quilting. I know you can do running stitch so I really think you could quilt this one by hand. Go on....you know you want to ;)

Christine M said...

I was going to say some perle quilting would look great too. Susan beat me to it!

Sylvia said...

Looks gorgeous, Kate. I hand quilted inside the blocks around the appliques and then machine quilted in the ditch on some of the borders.

Jindi's Cottage said...

What Susan said! Big stitch perle in a fabulous variegated (or that could just be me and my ongoing love affair with variegated thread *LOL*)...

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

And don't forget to bring it to Nundle for Lynnette Anderson show and tell. We want to see it in person. It looks lovely.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Whichever way you go it will be beautiful Kate. Lovely work!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Well done Kate.....hope you are hand quilting....

Jenny said...

Go with your heart Kate. its a beautiful quilt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...