Sunday 26 July 2015

Off Centre Retreat Quilt Complete

Wow this time last week I was at the cottage on the Hill in
 Nundle at a Quilting Retreat stitching with some lovely
 ladies, I almost finished my quilt top while I was there....
 All that was needed were the 4 outer linen borders so
 yesterday I headed out to my Sewing Studio and
 set about finishing it off....
I just love my sewing space and wish
 I had more time to play out there.....
The borders are on and I am so in love with the colours and
 fabrics in this quilt, the pattern is one of Kerry Swains
 own designs "Off Centre" The most time is spent on the
 zig zag panel, the rest comes together a lot quicker....
I gave it all a really good iron....
Then out to my side verandah for a quick photo shoot.....
Here is my flimsy flapping in the breeze....Gorgeous!
Don't you just love the stained glass effect from the back.....
Someone's been playing in my Studio said the
Mumma Bear and he has left a few friends behind!!!!
Ha Ha Jacky Mister getting creative making fabric dollies....
Happy Sunday!
 
Until next time, Happy Stitching
 
Kate

6 comments:

Janice said...

Just lovely. It will suit your day bed beautifully.

creations.1 said...

Your quilt has come up a treat Kate. Jacky Mister must have his creative mother's genes!!

Susan said...

It turned out really well Kate, and so quick to make. Your studio is looking so inviting.

Marie said...

Such a beautiful quilt - the fabrics are perfect with the linen. So nice, and nice to have it finished too. Good for you.

Chookyblue...... said...

well done....it looks great.......glad you got it finished so quickly........

Jindi's Cottage said...

Wow that was quick! Looks fabulous, such pretty colours against the linen...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...