Friday 14 August 2015

Hand Stitching Dresdens and Laundry Makeover

Hi there, I hope you have had a good week....
Mine has been same old same old at work, I think I am
suffering the mid term blues and am already counting
down the 5 weeks to the next holidays....
It may be because the last holidays were so busy planning
a 21st that I don't feel as though I have had one...
We have had some more cooler weather this week with snow
 again on Wednesday, we had rain, wind, hail, sunshine, sleet
 and snow all in one crazy day and that night on the way
home from stitching group we had a thick fog.....
Talk about all the seasons in one day! 
I started hand stitching my Dresden's onto the background
 blocks on Wednesday night and enjoyed a snuggle under a
 quilt whilst finishing them off last night... 
The colours are so pretty and I am really pleased with my
first ever Dresden's, I am sure there will be more to come....
6 in total! All stitched and ready to be sewn together....
I am hoping to get to that over the weekend, I was planning a
 trip to Narromine for the weekend but my friend has been
 called away to a funeral so I will enjoy a couple of days at
 home relaxing....As if!
My laundry has been in my thoughts a lot this week, I have
 purchased a condenser dryer that is on it's way at the moment
 and have been pondering the layout of my laundry when it
arrives. I also have a Robin Hood ironing cupboard that I
want to install on the wall.....
Well I don't ever seem to do things in halves and this has
now blown out to a full laundry remodel plan that I will share
 with you another time involving a new front loader machine
and some custom made benches, the first job will be to remove
the plain door that is hinged and rehome the old original
panelled door that I removed from my lounge room
 to the laundry so that all the doors in the house
 match except the front and back....
It will be converted to a slider so that I can maximise the
space in there and I am considering hanging it as a barn 
style door but am still in the planning stages at the moment...
 I will also replace the handle when the time comes......
Watch this space!!!!
Definitely a new WIP......
I hope you all have a great weekend and find
time to fit some stitching and relaxing in at some time....

Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate

9 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

can't wait to see the quilt come together this weekend...............

LuAnn said...

I love that Bonnie and Camille fabric, and I love your Dresdens. They are one of my favorite blocks to make. I like your sliding door idea. I just saw that on an HGTV show the other night. Hope you have lots of sewing time this weekend.

KERYN B said...

Those Dresdens are just stunning this will be a very special quilt.

Cheryll said...

I'm sure whatever you do with the laundry Kate.... it will be perfect.
LOVE the dresden... but I'm always a pushover for log cabins and dresdens.
Enjoy the weekend. xox

Susan said...

Looking forward to seeing the laundry project.
The dresdens are so pretty.
Maybe you need to do some "relaxing" too Kate.

Dasha said...

Stop! You are giving me ideas! We have a tiny laundry and a sliding door would be great there. Looking forward to seeing how this develops,

Michelle said...

I love the dresdens and the fabric!! And the new laundry make over sounds exciting! Forever inspiring you are Kate!! Have a great week,
Michelle

Jenny said...

Definitely need to be on House rules. Love the Dresden

Janice said...

Yep! You certainly don't do things by halves, but won't your laundry be fantastic when it's all done. I love the way your quilt is turning out. Can't wait to see it finished.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...