Monday 8 June 2015

Patching Pavers and Cracker Night

I have 3 spots on my back pavers that need to be patched up and a side border to be lined up, the first spot is right here where I want to build my privacy wall. It is where I had an old tank stand previously. Yesterday I spent working on patching up this area.
First job was to remove the border pavers so I could
 keep working in the herringbone pattern.....
Next I dug out the excess dirt....
And started getting a level playing field....
A quick trip down the road to the landscaping store
 for some blue metal and some uni sand.....
After all the prepping the pavers went in quite quickly and
 the spot looks much tidier, I love this part sweeping the uni
 sand into all the cracks after a bit of gum boot wacka packing!
Next patch up spot is here, my neighbor tells me they had some sort of wall/garden structure here once upon a time but at the moment it is messy and I am sick of the weeds growing there. Also you will notice the borders will not meet when this is filled in so I have extended the border edging from my newly paved section by 1 paver width to keep it all in line....
I then set about digging out the border section and the concrete that was holding it all together, the ground is very moist at the moment so thankfully digging is a lot easier than if it was dry...
Some more blue metal in before I ran out, I am waiting to go
and get some more this morning at 10am when they open....
Knock off time yesterday and I was pretty
 pleased with my efforts for the afternoon.....
I will pack it down a little more today and sweep some more
sand in the cracks, I now have a clear run
 in this area for my wall to go up....Yay!
This is the third spot which will be a little trickier because of the shape but I am up for a challenge....LOL
I want to patch this section because it will be the path when I make a garden bed along the back edge of my pavers eventually....
 
After a long day I spent last night at my friends house enjoying the first June Long Weekend Cracker night for many years.....
Good times, Good wine and Good company and
Jacky Mister on hand to drive me home.....PERFECT!
It is now 10am and I am off to the landscaping store down
 the road, I hope you all have a great day....
 
I guess this is patch working to a point....
 
Until next time, Happy Stitching
 
Kate

16 comments:

creations.1 said...

Woohoo - go you little Paving Patcher demon - your finished sections look great Kate - a job well done and so very satisfying for you too!!

creations.1 said...

Forgot to mention ' Cracker Night' - it is so long since we had a cracker night - we have bonfires but I do miss the awesomeness of the crackers - such a pity my grandies won't have the memories I have of 'family cracker nights'.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate you are so amazing my friend,i admire you for tackling what ever comes your way and your paving looks fantastic,well done my very clever friend xx

Unknown said...

Great Work Kate.

Susan said...

Good job Kate. I quite like fixing the little bits of paving, it's the big expanses I don't like. You're making great progress.

Lyn said...

Fantastic job you are doing with the paving..are you able to buy fireworks now..it was always a lot of excitement around the bonfire when we were growing up

Jewells said...

The paving is great..good on you for getting in and doing it. A lot cheaper and more satisfying than paying someone to do it for you.

Fiona@Dragonfly-Crafts said...

So glad I can catch up with you on Facebook cause I'm so far behind on blogging and look at all your wonderful sewing I've missed out on.
All looks fantastic xx

Chookyblue...... said...

so when are you coming to finish my paving the other side of the steps.......

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You are a goer no doubt about you xxxx

barb's creations said...

You're very inspirational Kate, love how your pavers are beginning to take shape for you :) Barb.

Jenny said...

Well done Kate you are a worker girl. Tell me Whats with the cracker night ? Party or town or what???

Fiona said...

amazing... you will be able to go on one of these reno shows!
Hugz

Lynda said...

I love reading about what you're up to around the house/yard. You're a star!

Googy Girl said...

Your such a busy, handy girl. I know who to call when I need some work done.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Good job. Go girl, looks great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...