Tuesday 30 June 2015

More paving and a new toy!

Slow and steady with the paving projects at my house but I am
 getting there bit by bit, this is the round bed that I decided
 to remove because it just doesn't fit into my overall plan....
I also wanted to raise the border up so it is a little above
ground level, so the digging out of the old pavers begun....
Weeds gone and some blue metal in to level up the area....
I did my best to follow the same pattern and when I got to this
stage I had ran out of whole pavers, I pulled all the off cuts out
 from behind the shed  to see what could be done....
Then came the fun part, I unpacked my new toy and fitted the
correct cutting blade, made a cuppa and read the instructions
and did some googling on cutting pavers with a grinder....
Excited and a little nervous I gave it a go!
And I am very happy with the results, It's a little more
dangerous than my patchwork cutter but I am pleased to say
 I came out with all my fingers and toes....LOL!
And then my favourite part sweeping the sand into
 all the cracks, this part is very therapeutic indeed!
Ta Dah! 3 unsightly spots all patched up...
I still have another little fix up spot that requires some
attention but for now that's on the ever growing to do list....
It is all still a bit gritty out there from the sand but looks so much
better, not perfect but I love Rustic at my
"Little Home Sweet Home"
 I am eager to start my privacy wall next but
too busy this week with party planning....
Thanks for stopping by and sharing my journey with me,
I really do appreciate all your support and comments....
 
Until next time, Happy stitching
 
Kate
 
 
 

 
 
 
 


 

13 comments:

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Looks great. You are so game, I wouldn't even think of having a go.

KERYN B said...

Wow very impressive. Paving looks great.

Daisy Jayne said...

go girlfriend - looks fab very impressive

Fiona said...

amazing job.... gotta love power tools!
Hugz

Lynda said...

It all looks so fantastic.

Bev C said...

Hello Kate,

Great job on the paving, I used a angle grinder to cut the tops of some drums a few weeks back, sparks certainly do fly.

Happy days.
Bev.

Michelle said...

Wow Kate I am impressed the paving looks fabulous! You are certainly making great improvements to your gorgeous house! Have a great party!

Anthea said...

Fantastic job Kate - you're becoming the Dab Hand at so many things!!

suzeblack said...

Looks great!! Can't wait to see it "for reals" soon!!

Jenny said...

You are a very clever girl Kate. Its is so rewarding to see jobs like that finished I bet???

Unknown said...

I just need to know how to get a website started. I want to make a fan site for a new band. I know that I have to pay for a domain, but I’m confused about how to purchase & build a website. Help please? Thanks in advance! (:. Thanks everyone! (:
obat kuat
obat kuat semarang

Josie said...

No job is too big or small for a woman with power tools!! You are doing a fabulous job with your home renovations Kate. Brilliant bit of block paving repair if I may say so. I can't wait to watch you take on that patchwork privacy wall. If you ever need a cement mixer you can borrow mine any day of the week..... keep up the good work... you rock! xxx

Simone Harding said...

Kate you are amazing. Looks very professional.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...