Friday 4 July 2014

Studio Layout






I have been playing around with my Studio layout as my
brother who is an electrician is paying me a visit next week
and while he is here we are going to start the electrical wiring,
I have now drawn up a plan for positioning of power points....
My cutting table will go under the bigger window and will
look something like this but the top will be a little wider with
 a padded board at the end for ironing to save space.....
A great area that will have stools
either side for sitting and creating....
I am planning on making a corner bench here under this window
for my sewing machine and over locker but to start with will
probably just put my Horne sewing cabinet there.....
And some overhead shelves as well....
I have a daybed at one end that will double as a spare bed for
 visitors and seating to just sit and stitch.....Sigh!
It will be fun to stitch cushions and a quilt for
 the daybed inside my very own Studio....
Above it will be a split system air conditioning unit so my little
 Studio will be usable 365 days of the year....
The other end opposite my sewing corner will be for a storage
 cupboard/shelving of some description....
And the large blank wall will be a design wall eventually....
It's so nice to have the vision in my head starting to take shape...
 
Until next time, Happy Stitching
 
Kate


12 comments:

therese said...

Love keeping up with your studio progress. I had a very similar one picked out, but it's on the backburner for now. Good luck with your planning!
Therese.

Bev C said...

Hello Kate,

How lucky to have someone who can do the electrical work for you. It won't be long and you will be creating in your new room. Has it got a name yet?

Happy days.
Bev.

Susan said...

Oh Kate, it's going to be a perfect little hideaway. What a fun project to be working on. Will you be holding retreats for your blogging friends? Having an electrician in the family is very handy indeed.

Susan said...

Sounds wonderful!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks so good... having someone in the 'know' is a bit plus....

Dasha said...

How lovely to be able to plan your sewing space. I had that pleasure when we moved into our house. It had a big games room downstairs which I nabbed. But it needed cupboards etc. put in. Looks like your little cabin will be very functional.

Chookyblue...... said...

plans are coming along nicely..........can't have too many power points trust me..........

think sewing machine (plus friend/s), phone chargers, computer charger, iron, music/radio, I also have a fridge and kettle

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Sounds so great Kate....you don't Iknow yourself.....such a cool space!

Cardygirl said...

Looking good!

Janice said...

How exciting for you now you can see how things are going to fit. It is going to be stunning. I'm with Chooky. Make sure you have lots of power points. I'm looking forward to the next instalment.

Anita said...

It's so exciting to plan exactly how you will have it set up! Don't forget the fridge!

Jenny said...

Love your cutting table Kate. Its all progressing well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...