Friday 15 May 2015

Jelly Roll Race Quilt Top Complete

This is one of the 2 UFO's I completed last weekend...
I had started this back in 2011....can you believe it? 2011!
 Feels like yesterday. You can read about it HERE
First job was to trim up the edges and add a little
 brown peep to frame the centre section....
I then added some 51/2 inch borders to finish it off...
The fabrics are Thimbleberries' and I think it looks great
 hanging on my design wall along side the timber frame....
This is a quick and easy way to use up a jellyroll to get a
 unique colour combination, I wasn't liking this so much but
am so much happier with it now the borders are on....
 The pictures really don't do it justice....
I will also bind it in the same floral fabric as I used in
the borders, here it is all rolled up and waiting to be used....
I always like to make the binding when I complete
 the quilt top before it goes off to be quilted....
 Do any of you have funny little routines like
 that you like to follow when quilting....
It is so nice to have my special space to retreat to whenever
 I get the urge, I still pinch myself every day and
cannot believe it really is all mine!!!!
Next step is to get some backing and get it quilted...

Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate







7 comments:

Christine M said...

Great finish Kate.

Simone Harding said...

Great finish Kate.
That room is amazing if punch myself too of it was mine.

Cheryll said...

Your "space" is gorgeous Kate. Bet you & Chooky had some FuN in there...
Love the peep around the quilt flimsy...sets it off. Nice finish! xox

Susan said...

Your space definitely looks like a happy place! Great to get that quilt top finished......I think you are very wise to make the binding at that point, then it doesn't accidentally get used for something else.

Dasha said...

Its good idea to make the binding when you finish the top, but more often than not, I'm so over the quilt by the time its a flimsy that I don't bother. I have also been known to make a binding, then change my mind and make something else. Then I'm left with a "spare" binding which doesn't get used.

Janice said...

Looking good. Here's hoping it gets quilted sooner than another four years. I'm glad you are now getting to use the result of all your hard work.

Chookyblue...... said...

looks much better in real life the colours are so pretty..........love the peep....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...