Thursday 1 January 2015

First Stitches in my Studio

2015 Here we go....
What a way to start the New Year with a post about new
 beginnings for me in my little Sewing studio....
The first stitches have been sewn and I must say it was with
 very mixed emotions of pride, happiness, disbelief that it is
 all mine and a bit of fogginess in my eyes as I sat at my
machine and stitched my first stitches in my Studio....
the simple things are always the best....
This is what I was stitching....
A cover for my ironing board that sits
on the end of my cutting table....
Miss Molly and Jacky Mister helped me lift the top off the
cutting table the other day so I could drill the holes for the
 screws that now attach the top securely....
I am so happy with how it has turned out....
It truly is a great work surface....
Next project will be to turn the insulation sheeting leaning
 against the back wall into a Monster design wall....
It will involve a drop saw and some drilling and screwing...
EeK! LOL  Keep posted for the progress post....
I have a plan in my head and hopefully it will turn out for me....
Until next time, Happy New Year and Happy Stitching...
 
Kate


 

18 comments:

Khris78 said...

Looks gorgeous Kate .... You've created an amazing space ... enjoy !!

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Your new work area is a credit to you. A job well done. looks great.

Christine M said...

The same to you Kate. xx

FIONA said...

It looks fantastic Kate - I can see lots of stitching happening in that gorgeous (and might I say very well organised) studio. xx Happy New Year xx

Bev C said...

Hello Kate,

Happy New Year, have you given your little studio a name?

Happy days.
Bev.

Clare said...

Happy New Year Kate. The first of many stitches in your studio. Your work is nearly complete then play time. I`d love one too!!! Happy Stitching.

Noela said...

Your sewing space looks wonderful. happy New Year. hugs......

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Happy New Year Miss Kate...well done on your space xx

Janice said...

You should be rightfully proud of your sewing studio. To bring the dream to a reality is a credit to you. Enjoy!

Susan said...

Well done Kate, it's a great achievement.

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG how exciting .........why did it take you so long...........lol.........

barb's creations said...

Beautiful Kate, enjoy your new space :) Barb.

Cardygirl said...

Looks fabulous! Enjoy!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Mixed emotions but all good ones...well done on achieving your goal and starting the year stitching in your new space...that table is amazing, enjoy stitching in your Studio...

Fiona@Dragonfly-Crafts said...

A great start to 2015

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

WOO HOO!!.. congratulations on your new space!.. You won't need the house now! ha ha
when is the room warming?? ( I'll bring the champagne) Xx Lea

Jenny said...

Oh Kate I am so glad you are using your studio. You have done a good job by what I have seen . Well done and congratulations on your dream sewing space coming true.

Jenny said...

Oh Kate I am so glad you are using your studio. You have done a good job by what I have seen . Well done and congratulations on your dream sewing space coming true.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...