Thursday 22 January 2015

My Garden Finally Finished!

It's only been almost 3 years in the making but
I am happy to say I have completed
My Garden by Lynette Anderson.....
It started out as a wall hanging project but I opted to make
 it into a European cushion cover for
the daybed in my sewing studio....
I love the colours of the fabrics in this and the gorgeous
 hand painted buttons finish each of the
nine blocks off beautifully...
Many hours have been spent on this little project,
 sometimes the smaller projects take
more time than whole quilts....
I scored this lovely linen doona cover
 at Recollections the other day.....
Reduced drastically because they couldn't find
 the pillow case and perfect for my daybed.....
Very cosy spot for sitting and stitching....I love it!
I have another European cushion to cover and a smaller round
 cushion as well, I am thinking I would like to use these
fabrics and lined for one of those but have not
completely decided on a design yet....
Until Next time, Happy Stitching
 
Kate

16 comments:

wish2stitch said...

Your pillow looks beautiful. Great buy with the linen Donna, works perfectly with all of your cushions. Just looked at your design wall too. Well done. It will be so handy.

Anonymous said...

Good morning my lovely friend,wow your cushion is a master piece it is stunning,you do such beautiful work ,enjoy your day kiddo,it's a hot one here today.xx

Sylvia said...

Well done with your Garden pillow. That quilt was a lot of work!Your day bed looks too good to nap on!

Michell said...

Lovely finish

Lynda said...

Your day bed is looking so beautiful - you won't want to leave that room. The cushion is really lovely.

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

If you are going to Nundle, take the pillow for show & tell. It'd be good for Lynette to see her pattern used another way.
Go back to Recollection, they will have found the pillowcase just after you left. It'll be cheap too, no doona cover. :-)

Fiona@Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Absolutely gorgeous xxx
Love how it's turned out, glad you've got it ready for Nundle

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love love love it miss kate you cleaver girl xxx

Simone Harding said...

Looks fantastic. Glad you chose the cushion.

Dasha said...

Love how you have set your day bed up Kate. The cushion looks fantastic on it. Just perfect.

Fiona said...

Hi Kate, I'm popping in from FHFS to say Hi ... our paths have crossed intermittently but it will be great getting to know you better through the swappie group....
I love that cushion you made and how beautifully you have put that whole setting together... looks amazing...
Hugz

Yvonne W said...

Great idea to make it as a cushion-- looks stunning. The day bed has come together well with all the cushions and linen sheet.

Susan said...

Looking great - all the cushions go so well and My Garden is really gorgeous.
Clever trick with the iron cord too.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Yay on the cushion finish, it looks fabulous as a cushion and your day bed is gorgeous all made up with the doona cover and cushions.

Jenny said...

I just love that pillow cover. It looks great on the day bed. Kate i have just been looking over all of the hard work in your studio. You have done a brilliant job. MAy be you should change professions to professional DYI.. Take care

Julie Maloney Handmade said...

What a gorgeous cushion cover!!!! I also love the linen cover on your day bed. It looks lovely with the cushions. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...