Wednesday 21 January 2015

The things that excite!

Today my friend Annalisa and I are taking a day trip to Ikea,
 neither of us have been there and we are both excited about the
 retail experience that is in store for us. I will be looking for
 some particular pieces for a project in my studio and am sure
 I will find a few more, I just had to have it's...LOL
Meanwhile while I am away shopping up a storm I thought
 I would share this little project with you, have a great day....
 
 
 
It's always nice to get a new iron and 
nicer when it's for your new Sewing Studio....
I used some of my Fly Buys points....
So even nicer again cause it didn't cost me anything....
Only problem is I don't like cords lying around to be tripped
 over, actually I don't like seeing cords at all if I can help it....
I called into the electrical wholesalers to see if they had some
 clips to screw under my cutting table to hook the cord up with...
The sales assistant suggested this little square channel.....
Perfect!
I screwed the main part up underneath my cutting table
and poked the extension cord up inside...
The fourth side just clipped back on over the edges
 and holds the cord in place perfectly....
I plugged one end into the power point on the wall at
the end of my bench and the iron into the other end 
and Yay it's all ready to go with the cord hanging 
tidy down the corner of the table out of the way....
No cord on the floor at the side of the cutting table
 for me to trip on while I am busy cutting....
Another job ticked off and another step closer to
 just sewing when I go out to my studio....
 
Until next time, Happy Stitching
 
Kate

 

4 comments:

Cheryll said...

oooHhh... that's perfect Kate...
Well done! :)

Anthea said...

Kate you could go into business, helping quilters design & set up their own studios!!

Anthea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fiona@Dragonfly-Crafts said...

GREAT idea with the fly buys and hiding the cord :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...