Friday 20 May 2011

Nan's Quilt

This is a quilt that I made for my Nan. It is called a kaleidoscope quilt because the effect is supposed to be like looking into a kaleidoscope. I think it is a very clever technique as each block looks different even though they are all made from the same fabric.

I attended a one day class whilst I still lived in Cobar with my friend Suzie and decided I would make one for each of my wonderful Nan's. Sadly my Nan Good passed away before her quilt was completed and I had not started the other one. It sat in the cupboard for a little while as I felt a bit too sad to look at it. Eventually as time passed I got it out and completed it for Nan Gordon. She was thrilled when I gave it to her and especially liked the quilt label that I made for it.


I printed it from my computer, just made it up in publisher and ironed visoflex to the back of the fabric in the size if an A4 sheet. I trimmed it and ran it through my colour printer. And "hey presto" a custom made label. When Nan put the quilt on her bed she folded back the corner so she could see the label.

I hope you have all been blessed with a special Nan....
 I feel a bit special because I was blessed with 2.....

Until next time, Happy Stitching.

Kate

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...