Friday 26 August 2011

Jukejema Retreat - Part 5

My 3rd and final project for the weekend.....
I started Natalie's "Keeper of all Things Lovely"
I treated myself to this little pile of loveliness
 and decided to use it for this project......
I called it a little bit of this and a little bit of "Nat"...
I also decided to use a stitchery that I had prepared earlier......
So I have Natalie's design with a twist of Annie...
 And so the first stitches were sewn on the back cover......
 Lining and 2 inside pockets made.....
I decided to make it my own and add a bit of tape
 and some Ric Rac to the inside pockets......
I also quilted the pockets in the ditch.....
 After some rotary cutting and decision making
 I came up with this layout for the front cover......
Then the pressure was on to get it all pieced before 4pm....
The time just seemed to fly by.....
3.30pm - Front cover pieced....Insert Happy Dance.....
Meanwhile Alison,Roxie, The Bobsy Twins Jo and Fran were
hard at it creating Journal covers with Fabric Flowers.......
Jo is planning on going into business....
"Journal Covers for all Occasions"
This is the back and front cover completed.....
I do look pleased with myself!
Still a little way to go until it is finished though.....
More on The Retreat tomorrow.....
Until next time, Happy Stitching.....

Kate

4 comments:

FloS said...

Splendid !! I love it !
Florence

Unknown said...

I Must put one of these projects on my To Do List..I Love them..
Beautiful Fabrics you have brought to make yours it's Gorgeous.
cheers

Michelle said...

I love all the projects you have made and I especially love the fabrics you treated yourself too !!
The journal cover is very cool, keep up the good work!!!
Michelle

Unknown said...

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.
the best sewing machines point

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...