Saturday 22 October 2011

A bit of mending and some backing.


I really wasn't sure what to do with the mess I had made of my borders and I am still not sure if what I have done was the best option but it is done now and it's probably best if I don't dwell on it.....
 I visoflexed a strip of fabric to the back
 of the quilt where I had made the cut and then machine
zig zaged using a buttonhole setting over the cut...
Hopefully when it is finished I will be the only person who notices it....
 This is the fabric I chose for the backing.....
It is from the Garden Song range that I used in the quilt.....
 I have trimmed, joined and pressed the backing......
 Now the big decision to hand or machine quilt?
Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate

13 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Good idea to fix your border... everyone's attn will be on the gorgeous hexies, I'm sure they will never notice unless you point it out to them!

Perfect backing fabric!

FloS said...

Well done !! You can hardly notice it now !!
I love the backing you choose !
Florence

Cardygirl said...

Looks fine! I always want to hand quilt, but time is my enemy.

De said...

Good thinking Kate and like you said you will probably be the only one that notices it.

Googy Girl said...

looking great Kate, love the fabrics.
I am sure that it won't be noticeable at all.....

Kristen King said...

Still a beautiful quilt..once it is all done no one will even notice. :)

Raylene Smith said...

damn, what a bugger....but you are definitely not alone in slicing fabric where fabric shouldn't be sliced...:(
If it does bother you, you could perhaps embroider a few sprigs of those pretty little flowers here and there around the borders and make sure that some go over the 'new seam'... or you could maybe applique a single row/strip of hexies all around the outer edge of the border...like a sashing strip...might frame it somewhat..just a couple of thoughts...it's going to be lovely, once it is quilted..well done

Raewyn said...

Your border repair looks like it will be fine - the important thing is it stays together and you have made sure of that - once it's quilted you will be the only one who knows it is there. I'll be interested to see how you end up quilting your quilt - it is something I will need to decide for mine - although I aren't quite to that stage yet.

Anonymous said...

it looks great Kate,well done

Bev C said...

What join Kate?

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Unknown said...

You could always cust diagonal corners to for each corner..... man I bet you could have kicked yourself. Lovely quilt nevertheless.

Quilting By Celia said...

Love your work and the embroidered hexies is too cute!

Josie said...

Great Save!! I'm certain that after a while you won't even notice the fix. Love the backing fabric... and the hexies... gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...