Monday 25 July 2011

"A Christmas Story" Back from the Quilter

I decided not to quilt my "Christmas Story" by hand
 as I have a few things on the go at the moment
 and just wanted to have a finish.....
I tried a new quilter and am a bit disappointed with the result.....
He has gone off track with some of the stitch in the ditch bits.......
He also quilted squares over my squares
where I had asked for a "X"......Duh!!!
Anyway I have stitched the binding on......
And made a hanging rod........
Now just need to hand stitch it all down and make a label.....
Here is a shot of the squares....What the!!!
They weren't even straight, I have unpicked them
 all and will do something on them myself....
Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate

9 comments:

♥GiuGiu♥ said...

beautiful blog and works!
^_^

Unknown said...

I have the same Quilt ready for Quilting too...what a Shame it wasn't done Well..Sometimes You Just never know how they will come back..makes you think twice for next time...
at least it can be fixed.
cheers

Christine M said...

How disappointing for you, especially after all your hard work. Have you used this person before or was this the first (and last) time? I'm sure you'll be happier when you fix up those squares.

Michelle said...

Kate I know the disappointment ! Same thing happened to me, I wish I had taken it back and asked them to either give me back my money or unpick it and start again! He needs to be told, because you will always look at that quilt with disappointment, as I do with mine!
Michelle.

Anonymous said...

ooh nooo Kate its enough to make you cry

Kristen King said...

Your quilt is beautiful and the quilter is awful. I have always been afraid to have anyone else quilt my quilts as I know how much work and love I put into each one. I'm so sorry for you. I will keep using my sewing machine to quilt my own quilts, then I can't blame anyone but me if it doesn't look right.

Show and Tell said...

I usually use Belinda Betts at Eucalypt Ridge Quilting as she does a beautiful job......She is always so busy though so I thought I would give someone else a go....I have learnt my lesson......Sad thing is he was so proud of his work!!!!! And I didn't want him to unpick it in case he made a hole so I will fix it up myself....Could have been worse I guess.....

Christine said...

How disappointing. I had a similar experience with my Angel Story quilt and like you I unpicked a lot of it. Hope you can fix it to your liking.

Lyn said...

I can see what you mean in your photos- all your lovely work and then that... a big disappointment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...