Friday 15 July 2011

Visit Home to Cobar

WARNING!!!!! Extremely long post with lots of pics so now
would be a good time to grab a cuppa and relax
while you hear about my recent visit home to Cobar......
Miss Molly, Jacky Mister and I have just spent 5 great days
 in Cobar staying with my wonderful friend Suze and her family.....
Firstly a big thank you to them all for having us.....
Suze and her husband Steven provided us with some lovely
 home cooked meals and some great company......
Special mention should go to Stevo's Sunday Roast......

This is a picture of Miss Molly and Suze's daughter
 Hayley out the front of the Cobar Quilt Shop......
Both Suze and Hayley work there......

I was lucky to get a Sunday Shopping experience all for just Lil old me....
It is great having contacts!!!!!!
Pictured is Suze cutting some fabric for me......

This is it!!!!! Gorgeous Flannel called "Harvest Town"

Suze is using it to make a quilt and I just had to have some too.......
I am going to make it up in this pattern that I also purchased....

Here is a shot of the shop with Suze's
 colour wash heart quilt hanging on the wall at the back......

I also managed to get some stitching done on my "Tis the Season Blocks"
and  my School House Block from "My Town".....
But more of those later...... 

No trip to Cobar would be complete without a
visit to Jodi's shop "Jellywares"
In this pic we are all wearing scarves made from wool from the shop....
Could be a modeling career out there for us *Grin*
Mine crocheted by Suze for my birthday....
Jodie crocheted her own and Suze's a great knitted one.......

You could spend many hours in there, it is so inviting.......

Here I am with some wool and a little book to make
the same scarf as Suze and also another one......
It is hard to stop at just one......*Grin*
I cannot crochet but think it is high time to
dust off the knitting needles......
Living in Orange is a great excuse, don't you think......

Hayley made me these cute crocheted necklaces
 (She is a clever girl like her Mum)

Here I am modeling the first two.....
The third was still under construction but I couldn't wait!!!!
Thankyou  Hayley May......

My cousin Pauline also made me this fab neck warmer....
In a day!!! I love it and am feeling just a tad spoilt.......
Love you Paulie.....

Check out this little beauty!
 This is the first machine that I ever sewed on as a girl......
Originally owned by my 87 year old grandmother
 Catherine Gordon and promised to me years ago....
She let me bring it home with me so I am a little excited.....
I am not sure how old it is exactly but it is run by electricity....
I dusted it off and turned it on and it still works...Ewwww!!!

Even if I never sew on it I feel very blessed to have it in my house....
On the way home to Orange we called into "Ewe Two on Dandaloo"
A great shop in Trangie with clothes and homewares etc.....
I purchased the enamel pitcher and string caddy pictured above......

I also got these gorgeous cups and saucers....
She only had two left so I got them both.......

*Grin* Couldn't resist this fridge magnet!!!!!
All in all we had a great time visiting friends and family.....
I hope you have all enjoyed the school holidays...
Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate







8 comments:

Impera Magna said...

What a wonderful time you all must have had... lots and lots of fun and memories!

Chookyblue...... said...

as soon as I saw Cobar I thought hope she got to Jodies shop..........what a day in Cobar...2 great shops.........

with the singer you can find the manufacture dates there is a number on a metal plate I think on the front there..........all individual and will tell you the year it was made..........

http://www.singerco.com/support/machine-serial-numbers

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wow Kate what a wonderful post!!! A very good friend of mine comes from Cobar...and great shops there...love that fabric, just beautiful!!! You do so much work I don't know how you fit it all in!!! Have a great weekend, Dzintra

Unknown said...

How Lucky are the Girl's starting out in a Patchwork Shop..Future Patchworker's..Great to See..
Lovely Posts..Jodie's Shop looks Fabulous..Love the Knitted Cowl...
cheers

Christine M said...

Looks like you all had a great time.

Anonymous said...

what a post Kate great pics and lots great shopping with awesome company

Michelle said...

Wow what a great trip! Love all the photos and the goodies you brought and where given......lucky,lucky you!
Happy stitching, Michelle.

Jodie said...

Kate, it was so good to see you last week, you were a burst of vibrant energy through my doors that day...

Cobar is such an awesome town and this post shows some of the reasons why!!!

You sure do look and sound like you had a ball being back home again and I know that the Black family loved spending time with your little tribe...

Hugs - Jodie :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...