Wednesday 27 July 2011

"Simple Pleasures" A work in progress!

After cutting lots of 6 1/2 inch squares from
 fabric and light weight interfacing.......

I stitched up lots of these....

Cut them on the diagonal and turned them so I had
 lots of these triangles for my borders.....

I cheated and used iron on interfacing so they
 would be easy to hold into place when I hand
stitched them to the borders later.....

Here they are all piled up after I finger pressed them all.....

Perfect Points and no turning over for applique.....
Gotta be happy with that!
Then there was lots more cutting of triangles to
 sew to either ends of the rows of blocks......
Now I am off to sew all of the rows together.....
Getting closer to a finished quilt top (Insert excited look here.)
Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

Great technique! Lovely colors too.

LaDonna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...