Tuesday 19 July 2011

Crazy Daizies.....

This is the quilt that I made Miss Molly for
Christmas when she was 6....
In the words of Cher "If I could turn back time!"

Wow the colours really have faded over time.....
It was a workshop held in Cobar and I decided
 to do it at the last minute......
I purchased some of the fabrics the other ladies were
 using and then added some Homespun.....
Wish I had used better fabric now but she loves it and it was when
she was loving all things pink and purple..........

I found it a challenge as the key was to sew and then cut and
 sew and then cut and the wonkier you cut the blocks the better....
Bit of a challange for a perfectionist *Grin*.....
This is the custom made label, daizie and all.....
She actually cried under the Christmas tree when she opened it
and jumped up and hugged me *Tear*.....
So as you can imagine there wasn't a dry eye in the house....
Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate

4 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Great quilt...love the special story too!

Anonymous said...

ohhh how cute Kate both Molly and the quilt,lovely story

Jan Maree said...

It is a gorgeous quilt for a gorgeous girl and a gorgeous story!

Seams Sew Together said...

Beautiful quilt, I love the colours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...