Saturday 30 July 2011

"Simple PLeasures" Top Complete!

Rows are all joined and fabric cut for inner borders....
Triangles are all sorted for outer borders......
After ironing them into place I then hand stitched
 the 40 triangles to the outer borders....
The iron on interfacing made this job a lot easier
 and quicker than I thought......Yippee!!
Then I was back on my trusty Bernina sewing the final borders
 onto the quilt top(Happy dance around the sewing room)
Ta Dah!!!!! Finished Quilt Top....
 Because I doubled the size of this quilt it
 is 84 inches x 70 inches which is a great size.....
It suits me better than a wall hanging as we like
 to use as many quilts as we can in our house....
I am really happy with the colour combination.....
 I am going to bind it in the same red as the inner border.....
I stitched together all of my leftover fabric........
To make a scrappy backing........
I didn't want to waste any of this great fabric that
lots of you have asked me who it is by........
It is "Cottage Charm" by Heather Mulder Peterson
 for Henry Glass Fabric with some assorted dots.....

Now to see if Belinda can get it quilted before I go on retreat.....
I think I am pushing it but I will beg, plead,cry,
jump up and down,threaten, ask her nicely.....*Grin*
Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Kate do you sleep,this quilt looks fantastic well done

Unknown said...

Yes You sure got it Together Quickly...Your Quilt Looks Great & Thanks for the Tip on the Interfacing...
Well Done!
cheers

Michelle said...

Beautiful Kate. I hope Belinda can quilt it for you.
Michelle.

Jan Maree said...

Realy cute quilt - love the colours!

Kristen King said...

Beautiful! :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks fantastic Kate...

Shiralee Stitches said...

Looks fabulous, Kate.....I had to make this one too, and I really enjoy looking at the little stitcheries as I walk past it on the wall.......too cute....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...