Thursday 23 June 2011

Hearth & Home

Before I left Cobar my friend Suzie and I decided to buy
 the patterns for this quilt and start stitching it
 so when I moved we could share our journey......
Sadly they didn't even get out of the packet before
 we left town and stayed there after we arrived.....

Until one day Suzie rang and suggested we go
 to a retreat at "Ridgecrest"....
So the stash was raided for fabrics and our bags were packed....

We met there on Friday afternoon and joined rows,
 pieced and traced and fused all weekend.....
between eating a lot of great food and
 partaking in lots of great conversation.....

Our show and tell at the end of the weekend was our
 rows so far, pinned to our bed sheets.....*Grin*
Upon returning home the quilt was tucked away yet again.....
Until i finally got it out and finished the top.....
 I gave it to "Belinda Betts" to quilt.....
 I chose a mustard check flannel to back it with, it is
 very snuggly and we use it on the lounge at home every night.....

And not a day goes by that I don't look at it
 and think of Suzie and Home.....
Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohh Kate what a lovely story and it is a beautiful quilt well done

Jan Maree said...

another gorgeous quilt and a great story to go along with it

Deb R said...

Ohh I love this finished quilt...you have inspired me, may have to get mine out...bought the whole kit of ebay for $50 :))
Love the idea of the flannel back too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...