Friday 28 November 2014

2014 Bathurst Blog Meet Part 4

This time last week I was super excited about heading off
 to Bathurst for the weekend with my Blog buddies.....
This is my final post about the weekend...
I stole this photo from Kylie....
A bit of silliness after our group photo on Sunday morning,
I am not sure who has the nice group photo but
I am sure it will pop up at some time or other....
Morning tea Sunday....
We love you Vicki(Hostess with the Mostess)
Sadly our beloved Peg and Dale couldn't join us for
 the weekend and they so generously donated some prizes
 for a fun ticket game that we played....
Tickets were awarded for a number of reasons
and there were lots of draws throughout the weekend...
Here are some of the lucky recipients
with their foil wrapped lucky dips....
Only the best wrapping paper for us Blog Girls...
Chooky with a bit of show and tell....just gorgeous!
Anita completed this shaggy quilt and it was just lovely....
She may have RSI from all the clipping but was
well worth the effort to get a great finish.... 
Our favourite Granny Heather finished this pretty table runner
and Miss Georgia(Baby Chooky)
 made an adorable Christmas ornament...
I was lucky to win 2 prizes on the weekend so I too can
make a pretty ornament with this pattern from Anni....
I also won a button pack that I shared with Googy Girl.....
I kept these bigger ones to use on the back of my cushion....

Chooky also made us all a cute little keyring....
Mine is holding a key to my "Studio" and
 a key to my "Little Home Sweet Home"
My 2 favourite places to be....
I picked this little trinket up at The Home Patch on Saturday...
How could there not be good in the world when we have
 friends who love to share such special weekends together....
What more could we ask for? 

Kylie and Chooky causing havoc wherever they go...
Love these ladies to bits xxx
Much stitching and chatter in a perfect venue....


I spent my stitching time hand quilting(for the very first time)
 my Lynette Anderson wall hanging that has
 been a WIP since 2011....
I have decided to make it into a large cushion for my Studio
 day bed cause I am not a big wall hanging girl...
I have one more block to quilt and will then construct it
into a cushion cover and sew on the 9 hand painted buttons
 that compliment each block....
The photo doesn't really show the quilting but I am pretty
chuffed with my efforts for the weekend...
Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our weekend and thanks
 to the ladies that contributed to making it such a fun time....
Another BIG THANKS to Peg and Dale for their generosity
 and for CHOOKY who made it all possible....

Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate

7 comments:

Christine M said...

Thanks for sharing your weekend with us, Kate. I've enjoyed seeing what you all got up to!

Unknown said...

Thank you for letting us have a look at your weekend. I have really liked reading your posts Isn't it so great to meet up with like minded women, fix the world problems with lots of laughs, tea/coffee, food and friendship.

Lynda said...

Love your idea of making the wallhanging into a cushion - it will look fabulous.

Grethe said...

Oh, thanks for sharing! What a great gang you are! Enjoyable for me to see all your pics all your 4 posts from Bathurst. Enjoy the LA stitchery, mine is up on the wall, looking very like yours :-)

Michelle said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! Love your soon to be cushion! Can't wait to see it in your sewing room!
Michelle

Susan said...

Special days indeed.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

dear Miss Kate thankyou we really missed you guys ..glad we could do a little something,,,,fantastic show and tell ..love your quilt dxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...