Saturday 29 November 2014

Studio Ironing Board



I took a little detour on the way home from Perthville last Sunday, I called into Masters to pick up another 5 storage baskets to go into the end of my cutting table. One end is now full and I am saving my pennies to get some more for the other end eventually. After all a girl can never have enough storage....


Meanwhile back at the "Studio" Kylie was being
very cheeky indeed posing on the day bed...
I had a real belly laugh when I got a message on
Facebook and this cheeky pic popped up...
Come back anytime Kylie....
I arrived home and unpacked the car and of cause with new
storage baskets for inspiration and a split system to keep me
 cool I decided to have a bit of a play in the Studio....
I got my tools out and began to cover
 my custom made ironing board...
I gave it 2 layers of quilt batting...
Pulled it all nice and tight and used the
staple gun to secure it at the back...



Next a layer of rubber backed calico...
It looks so nice and crisp but I know it will get very
discoloured in no time at all so I will make a fitted
cover from some printed fabric next....
Starting to reap the rewards of the process
that has been my sewing Studio...
A design wall and storage cupboard are still on the agenda...
Oh and lots of cushions for the day bed....
Thanks for stopping by, I truly
love sharing my progress with all of you...


Until next time, Happy Stitching


Kate





8 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Looks fabulous!

Michelle Ridgway said...

It is looking fantastic. I am looking forward to seeing the gorgeousness that is going to be created there Kate. Enjoy your special space xx

Susan said...

I am really loving your progress too - so thanks for sharing it.

Chookyblue...... said...

how funny is the the glamour girl.....looking good........

creations.1 said...

Looking good Kate - must be time to start testing everything out!!

Susan said...

Looking good Kate. We have big expectations of your future projects!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

All so well planned Miss Kate...

Lynda said...

Your studio is looking so wonderful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...