Sunday 30 November 2014

Studio Storage

Wow last day of November already. Where has 2014 gone I ask you? Today I wanted to share some more of my Sewing Studio progress with you. I had previously planned to take a trip to Ikea and buy a white storage cupboard of some description to use in my Studio because I wanted a crisp white interior that was light and airy. Well the rustic girl in me came up with this idea, This 1920's dresser that I absolutely adore has been in my kitchen/dining room, I could do with some more space in there but did not want to part with my beloved dresser. I decided if this fitted then it was moving out to the Studio and Wallah! Fits perfectly and doesn't seem to make the space dark at all. I am so loving how it looks and am now sorting through my stash and having a good clean out before I fill it up. 3 weeks until school holidays(which I am lucky to get with my job) and then I can stay and play in there all day...
My storage tubs slide in perfectly as well so I will have easy
 access to my fabrics and other bits and pieces once they are
sorted into some sort of order....LOL
I work well with order!
I still have a monster design wall to create and need to decide
 on what to put on the windows and sliding door....
I am having lots of fun creating my special little Happy Place..
Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate



14 comments:

creations.1 said...

It all looks great Kate - your dresser is the perfect size - fitting in and storage wise.

Chookyblue...... said...

If you don't get the sun in I would not worry about curtains etc............I only have mine to block the sun........
looking good.........

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks great in there Miss Kate...

Jenny said...

Looks so great Kate .. I am so jealous

Jenny said...

I think I know where you will be on the holidays

Anthea said...

What a life your dresser has had so far Kate! And now it will get to hang out with you while you sew & create & be very clever in your studio...
x

Googy Girl said...

Your sewing space is looking great. The dresser looks perfect

Anita said...

Dresser fits in perfectly! Makes it homey

Susan said...

Its all looking very neat and organised...the drawers will be great too.

Michelle said...

Wow, gorgeous Kate! Especially love the floor and the rustic dresser!
Michelle

Michelle said...

Wow, gorgeous Kate! Especially love the floor and the rustic dresser!
Michelle

Michelle said...

Wow, gorgeous Kate! Especially love the floor and the rustic dresser!
Michelle

Michelle said...

Wow, gorgeous Kate! Especially love the floor and the rustic dresser!
Michelle

Janice said...

Made to measure! You are going to have the best fun over the hols. I'm so looking forward to watching your progress.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...