Friday 14 November 2014

Floors are in....let the fun Begin!

Hi everyone, time to share the next step of my "Sewing Studio"
The floor went down yesterday and my oh my hasn't the old
lino come a long way, it looks great and is soft under foot.....
And I have a 5.3 metre long roll leftover that was an
off cut from the side to cut up for chair mats etc....
So after an extra long day at work yesterday, I arrived
 home at 7.40pm and went straight out and gave it a sweep
 over with the broom and moved a few things in....
I constructed my Daybed and moved the 2 bookshelves
 in that will be the 2 ends of my cutting table....
Was having lots of fun and was going to move my Horne sewing cabinet in next but was getting a bit weary and invaded by bugs by this stage because I had left the door open whilst moving everything in so thought it best to do that in the daylight.....



A top for the cutting table is next on the to do list and then
 a corner bench  in the back corner where the roll of leftover
 lino is for my sewing machine and overlocker....
I will use my Horne sewing cabinet until then but
want to construct some sort of nice white bench....
I can feel a trip to Ikea in the school holidays coming on for
some sort of storage cupboard for the other corner and some
shelves for the side wall above my machines....
I want to get it mostly decked out before I move my stash
 out there or it will be like a builders house
and probably never get finished....Lol
The jury is still out at the moment for the window
and door coverings...Watch this space!
I purchased these 2 sheets of polystyrene wall insulation
the other day, these will be transformed into my
design wall....OMG Can you feel me smiling!!!!!
It will be HUGE!!!!
The floors are actually lighter than the pictures and the white
 and cream colourings are more prominent than the grey....
They look fantastic....
SIGH.....Wish I could have stayed and played all day....

Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate

15 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Looks fabulous! Enjoy.

Julie Maloney Handmade said...

Gorgeous Kate! Enjoy xo

Christine M said...

Getting closer to the end now, Kate. Soon you'll be whipping up heaps of projects.

creations.1 said...

Looks great - the gray lino is perfect!!

Susan said...

Also exciting. Must have been hard to go to work today.....and now you have all weekend to play!

Simone Harding said...

How exciting Kate. Enjoy moving in. Mmm you should offer tours next weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow KAte this is an amazing space,I am staying tuned,lol,enjoy your weekend my friend.xx

Show and Tell said...

Not quite as grey as it look. I love it šŸ˜ƒ

Show and Tell said...

Jacks Grad is tomorrow night but the rest of the weekend you know where I'll be :)

Show and Tell said...

Thanks Simone, I am felling very spoilt by me for me....lol! Bring on next weekend :)

Show and Tell said...

Thanks Shez, love it xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks awesome xx

Chookyblue...... said...

Omg I'm on my way...... (to the shed)

Dasha said...

Everything is coming together and looking wonderful. You must have been exhausted last night doing all of that after coming home so late. It will all be worth it in the end when you have everything done and have moved in.

Cheryll said...

Oh Kate...it's coming along so well... I can imagine the smile you are wearing... Enjoy playing this weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...