Thursday 6 November 2014

Flooring Ordered

After many samples, sessions on the internet and trips to the flooring shops I have decided that laying a floor for people to walk all over is an expensive job.....
At the rate I was going I could have made a
patchwork floor with all of my samples :)
I had been playing with the idea of vinyl planks so I could lay them myself and keep the cost down but I have been advised not to go with that idea due to Oranges extreme temperatures. None of them are guaranteed not to expand and contract and I really didn't want to go ta all that trouble to have little gaps for pins and thread to be trapped in. So I ended up choosing this sheet vinyl below that comes with installation included, it is actually a bit lighter in real life and I think it will give the room a light airy feel....
What do you think?
I've ordered it today and it will take 7 to 10 days to come in and
 will be installed no later than Friday the 21st of November....
2 weeks and counting....


I had better get busy building that cutting table
 and benches for my machines now....
Not sure if I will ever get in here to sew!!!!!!
My goal was by to be all set up by Christmas at the latest with a BIG hope that it would be a lot sooner than that so I guess I shouldn't complain....

Can't wait to share the final reveal!!!!!

Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate


6 comments:

creations.1 said...

I have used a light variegated grey vinyl in my sewing room and it is great. the room is light and airy, and I can see anything that drops on the floor. I think you may just sneak it in before Christmas!!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love it ......😉

KERYN B said...

It looks fabulous and I'm excited for you - you will have hours of fun in there.

Susan said...

Great choice Kate.......it won't be long before we're looking at more of your wonderful creations in your studio.

Jenny said...

Kate I am so pleased for you that your project is almost finished.

Cheryll said...

Love the floor vinyl... You will be so happy with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...