Monday 12 September 2011

Perfect Circles

I wanted my appliqued circles on my "Noelle Table topper"
 to be perfectly round so I cheated and stitched
light weight iron on interfacing to them.....
You need to keep the right side of the fabric and the shiny side of
 the interfacing together and stitch around the drawn line......
Trim and turn right side out and finger press around the curved edge.... 
This gives you a perfect circle with all edges enclosed that
can then be ironed to the base of the table topper....

 I repeated the process with the pieced centre....
 I love the look of needle turn but get frustrated if I
can't get a nice line so I think this is a great solution.....
 I then ironed the 3 layers together.....
I now just need to finish stitching them down....
 Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate

10 comments:

De said...

Good thinking Kate! Do you think it would work (or have you tried it) on smaller pieces?

Table Centre looks great too!

Cardygirl said...

Looks great...good idea!

Josie said...

Love your table centre. I'm going to give the interfacing method a try... looks really good.

Unknown said...

It's not Cheating Kate it's called Smart..I've tried this method & it works Beautifully on Circles especially...Lovely Work.
cheers

Anonymous said...

what a great idea

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Kate...I've never worked with circles before this looks great!!! Thanks for visiting over at stitch-a-long...I am envious of all that you do...you seem to get so much done...Have a great week...Dzintra

Googy Girl said...

Great idea Kate, love the stitchery, might need to go looking for that one....

Raewyn said...

A great way to get a perfect finish - thanks for sharing. The table topper is going to be gorgeous!!!

FloS said...

Very clever idea !! Your table topper is splendid !!
Florence

Sam said...

It looks gorgeous Kate I cant wait to get stuck into mine from the retreat. Thanks for the tips. Sam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...