Monday 19 September 2011

A Quilting first for Me!


I sandwiched my "Tis the Season" quilt and decided to stitch
 in the ditch around the 12 stitcheries first....
I was then going to hand quilt it like in the patttern.......

But instead I top stitched the inner border.....
I thought that looked good so then there was no stopping me.....
I just kept going round and round until I ran out of border......
I also top stitched the individual block borders.....
This is a shot of the back....
You will not get to see it all as it puckered in a few spots....
Oh well....Who sees the back...*Grin*....
This is where I am up to at the moment.....
Waiting on some binding, a label and hanging rod....

I am feeling quite pleased with myself and am glad
that I gave it a go.....I didn't realise what a big job it would be...
I could go a nice shoulder rub at the moment....
Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Kate - your quilt and quilting are both beautiful!

Anonymous said...

HI Kate!
I'm Linda from Montana-USA-a long way from you,but via the internet,I can reach you+tell you what a nice job you did with your 'Tis the Season' quilt-it is just beautiful! Isn't the walking foot so neat to use. I love the Redwork embroidery so much! You now have a beautiful wall hanging for your home! Blessings,Linda

Michelle said...

Well done the quilting looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

whow Kate your stitching is so neat,i think i will stitch the top like you have it looks fantastic,well done Kate

Unknown said...

If you are Happy with the Quilting that's all that Matters..that's how I Look at it.
Well Done on having a Go...
Your TTS Quilt looks Great.
cheers

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I think it looks fantastic Kate...well done...

Melody said...

Both your quilt and the quilting are fabulous.

FloS said...

Your quilt looks great !!! What a good idea you had !
Florence

Chookyblue...... said...

looking good.........

SandyN said...

Wow... great job Kate... Can you finish mine...


Sandyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...