Thursday 8 December 2011

FB's Christmas Quilt

This year will be the 13th year that this quilt
 has hung on my wall at Christmas.....
In 1999 I was in a sewing group of five including myself.....
We were called "The Fussy B.......s" ( Sounds like witches)
I will let you fill in the blanks.....*Grin*
You see we were fussy and only liked each others work so we
 formed a little group and this was our Christmas project.......
We all made 5 of the same block and then swapped.....
Donna stitched the Christmas Tree blocks.....
Annie stitched the Angel blocks.....
Katherine stitched the Presents' Block.....
I stitched the Reindeer blocks.....
And Suzie stitched the Holly and Merry Christmas blocks....
We were then free to join them up as we wished.....
I added this star to the corner after it was pieced and quilted....
I still love pulling it out every year and would like to
 say to The FB's thanks for the memories girls....
Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate

5 comments:

Raewyn said...

What a beautiful Christmas quilt, Kate. I like they way you all did a block several times and swapped them all- was each block everyone made exact same fabric--or were they tailormade for each recipient?

De said...

what a sweet quilt filled with memories.

Anonymous said...

lol,love the name Kate.
Yes a quilt of special memories,they dont get much better than that.xo

Wee Little Birds said...

Thank you for sharing your very special quilt. What a wonderful idea

suzeblack said...

AWWWW! I loved being one of those fussy biatches;) what good fun we had;) love ya! xo Suze

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...